Earlier today I was "tagged" in facebook to create a list of 25 random things about myself. I love lists! So I'm putting it here too! I'd love to hear random things about you too, so feel free to write them in the comments section.1. I am trying to make a full deck of "found" playing cards (have 21 so far).
2. I do not eat vegetables (I'm 43 and still alive, so let's stop lying to kids!)
3. I am the oldest grandchild on BOTH sides of my family.
4. I am a sucker for anything related to Princess Diana.
5. The one place in the world I would most like to visit (that I have not yet visited) is Angkor Wat.
6. It is a pet peeve of mine when people don't use turn signals. UGH!!
7. My two favorites among my many names are "Mom" and my husband's nickname for me which is very sweet and will remain private :-)
8. My favorite scent is wet cement after rain.
9. I dream of going back to England someday (my profile photo was taken in London).
10. The first record album I bought was John Denver's Greatest Hits.
11. When I was in high school my favorite singer was Pat Benatar (a long way from John Denver!).
12. I decided to read Wuthering Heights because of a Pat Benatar song (wouldn't allow myself to listen to side 2 of "Hit me with Your Best Shot" until I read it); the novel remains my favorite book even though I don't listen to Pat Benatar anymore.
13.Wilma Rudolph has always been my hero.
14.I have been a contestant on Jeopardy!
15. I DO regret having stopped taking piano lessons as a child - just like all the adults told me I would.
16. We have an antenna - no cable - no dish.
17. I love being a total geek - a woman mathematician who is also a gamer and can quote from Monty Python's "Quest for the Holy Grail."
18. I am a cat person not a dog person, but I don't own a cat.
19. I think math is poetry, and I love poetry!
20. I would love to have a finite Erdos number someday, but I don't think it's going to happen, so I'll just have to be happy with an infinite Erdos number.
21. I am raising my sons to be geeks.
22. I find it very calming to watch water flow down a river.
23. If there is a spider or insect in my house, I catch it and release it outside.
24. I make exceptions for mosquitos and black widow spiders; those I kill.
25. I wish I could write a list like this that would make people laugh as hard as others have made me laugh; I got one earlier today that used the phrases "butt puckering suspense" and "puntable," and I am STILL laughing!