Monday, September 01, 2008

As Promised

In my post for June 1 I promised a post for September 1, and that day has arrived. I was hoping to be able to put up a picture that looks somewhat more like the one above (taken during one of our recent trips to Monterery) than what it is I am going to post, but c'est la vie.
Yes, I am wearing more flattering clothing than in the June 1 pictures, but I'm quite sure I weigh the same. This summer I went down then back up. I had 3 weeks in the middle of the summer where I was home and there weren't special celebrations going on (yes, that's no excuse, I know, but I can't pass up birthday cake and other celebratory desserts - just wouldn't be right). During those 3 weeks I lost 10 pounds by exercising daily (45 min - swimming or elliptical and nautilaus) and altering my eating a bit. I am sure I have gained it all back - haven't gotten on a scale to check, so, although I'm not where I'd hoped to be I have found that it is possible, and that's the good thing that came from this experiment. I'm hoping that now that we're back into the school year and have a regular routine and I'm in my own home and can determine my own foods and meal times that I'll be able to take the summer "trial run" and make it more of a long-term pattern. The struggle right now that I'm back to work will be to find time to get to the gym. Perhaps I'll do a follow-up post on January 1.

No comments: