Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Newsworthy??

KCRA 3 News Tonight!
If you are in the area and would like to see me teaching my students today, check out the KCRA channel 3 news at 6:30.

(My class is actually just brief filler/backdrop for their report, so if you blink you might miss it! Actually, that's probably a good thing given the timing. They came in while I had incorrect statements up and was asking my students to correct them! Ah well, since it is supposed to be brief background filler, hopefully no one will notice, and I'll still have a job tomorrow.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I am sad that I will not be able to watch it.
Amy

Heidi said...

It was actually kind of odd! I had no idea it was going to happen. I was approached in the middle of my teaching and asked if they could do some filming of my class. I said "yes," and didn't stop to think until later that I had no idea what story my face and classroom were going to be a backdrop for!!

Actually, it was a very important story with a very important message. I asked Tim to capture it digitally, and if I can manage to post it I'm going to do that - not so much that people can see my classroom but so that people can hear what is going to happen to higher education in CA with the recent budget cuts - truly frightening, something that is going to strongly impact many lives in many ways - but I'll write a bit more about that if I am able to post a clip.