Saturday, April 25, 2009

Simple Wisdom

You can have a plain
hot dog if you want,
he said, but until you've
had a real polish
sausage you're only
half alive. I decided
there were worse things
& I was only ten &
could correct the
serious mistakes later
& the plain dog tasted
just fine, even being
half alive and all.


Last summer I discovered writer/artist Brian Andreas - am really enjoying his simple wisdom (and his artwork) and wanted to share some. If you're interested you can find out more about him and his work at Story People.

1 comment:

nethe said...

Hi Heidi!
I think that book would really be something for me, thank you. I have run out of books.
This winter I have taken time to read more, -like I used to-, and there is thee books I´d like to tip you off about:
"Letters of a woman homesteader" by Elinore Pruitt Stewart.
"Give your heart to the hawks" by Wil Blevins.
"Shackleton´s forgotten med" by Lennard Bickel.

But especially this one is heart-striking:
"The curious incident of the dog in the nighttime" by Mark Haddon.
I have never read anything like it in style nor matter. Oh, please, it is finished in a matter of days, and it will set your thoughts running!
Take care and congratulations on your new possition (8am class and all).
"The