Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rubik's Cube "Before"

Back in the day when the Rubik's Cube first came out I was able to solve it (with help from the instruction manual, of course!). That was many moons ago, and I no longer remember how now that they've become popular again, but I've found a good teacher -- my son!

Because he is shy and because he is a perfectionist it took me a long time to convince him to let me tape him. I think he has an idea he shouldn't be taped unless he is near world record time, which he is not, but I find the 34 seconds here pretty impressive (fastest for him is 27 seconds). So I'm putting this up here as a "before." He continues to study various methods and moves and hopes to improve his time. Once he's made a significant improvement I'll post that as "after." (Let it be known right now that I am NOT going to be going for speed. I simply want to learn how to do the thing again!)

No comments: