Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Hard Times, Holy Water

When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow;
For I will be with thee thy trials to bless
And SANCTIFY to thee thy deepest distress.

When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace all-sufficient shall be thy supply;
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to REFINE.



So shall each fear, each fret, each care
Be turned into a song,
And every winding of the way
The echo shall prolong;
So shall no part of day or night
From SACREDNESS be free,
But all my life, in every step,
Be fellowship with Thee.





(from the hymns "How Firm a Foundation" and "Fill Thou My Life" for a dear one going through deep waters right now - may they be made holy to you - and may you be blessed.)



No comments: