Saturday, February 06, 2010

Facebook Excuse

(WARNING - This post contains 2 pictures from the '80s!)

Recently facebook had a Doppleganger Week where the idea was that of swapping out your profile picture with that of a celebrity you've been told you look like. It was a fun excuse for me for find some old pictures of my younger self - way back in the day when I was teaching middle school, and my students insisted I looked like actress Tracy Pollan of Family Ties. I never saw the resemblance, but looking back, maybe, just maybe . . .

In case you didn't watch Family Ties (or aren't old enough to remember it!), her picture is posted above.
(Don't say I didn't warn you!!)

I don't know. I'm still not sure I see it, but it was a fun trip down memory lane. Where have the years gone!

Aside: I recently had reason to be reminded of my advancing years when I asked a student in my Math 101 class, whose lase name had caught my attention, if she knew a certain person I had gone to high school with. I thought maybe she was a cousin of his or something. Her eyes got really big with surprise, and she said, "He's my dad!" I had to sit down. How could a classmate of mine have a daughter who is a grown woman?!?! And then I remembered my oldest son is 17, and my middle son is 6'2'' and . . .

At least Facebook let me relive my youth this week! :-)

No comments: